[Clipart] Firefox trademarks

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Thu Jul 15 15:35:24 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

> Perhaps we could say, "No trademarked images" with the upload tool,
> and then define it in more detail in the guidelines.

This makes sense to me.

We could add it to the verbiage next to the public domain checkbox,
perhaps something along the lines of "Yes, I agree to release my
clipart to the Public Domain and assert that it is not legally
encumbered by trademarks or reserved rights."  The only thing is, then
the Read More link would probably have to point to our own explanation
that covers both copyright and trademark issues, rather than just
reusing the Creative Commons description of PD, which from what I can
tell only talks about copyright.