[Clipart] organize repository and access rights

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Thu Jul 15 16:18:52 PDT 2004

Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com> writes:

> - my hat, colored in red:
> http://openclipart.org/clipart//unsorted/red_fedora.png
> - Red Hat logo: http://www.redhat.com/img/homepg_rh_logo.gif
> - the hat used in Fedora/Red Hat distros:
> http://nicubunu.ro/fedora/shadowman.png

Hmmm...  Well, it is the same type of hat (a fedora), and it does have
a black band (same as shadowman.png, though the other RedHat version
with the dude doesn't have that), and it is positioned at about the
same angle.  However, your hat has the brim turned down and the top
dented in mostly a straight line, after the fashion of a new hat; both
RedHat hats have the brim turned up a bit and the top dented in more
of a circle, as if the hat is weathered a bit.

*shrug*.  I'm not a trademark[1] lawyer.  If we put it in a "hats"
category with a blue one and a brown one and a sombrero and a baseball
cap and so on, the worst result that seems at all likely would be
RedHat asking us to remove it.  On the flip side, red is not a color
you normally expect a Fedora to be, and it could easily be argued that
people could confuse it with the RedHat logo.

[1] Or any other kind either.  In fact, I don't even *like* lawyers.
    My .emacs loads kill-a-lawyer mode on startup, in fact.