[Clipart] upload_svg.cgi

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Fri Jul 16 15:46:30 PDT 2004

Alberto Simões <hashashin at gmail.com> writes:

> Can anybody please check it continues working?

I'll check on it.

> Sorry for the inconvenience.

No, it's okay.  I'm pretty new to CVS myself.

> I'll try to remember to update just my script next time.

No, that's what CVS is for:  so that more than one person can work on
the same stuff.  At least, that's the idea.

As best I understand it, what you want to do is get the latest version
first (do a cvs update) and make your changes to the latest version.
Then when you're done making changes you do another cvs update, which
checks to see if anyone else has been making changes at the same time
you were, and merges them.  (Occasionally this requires manual
intervention, if your changes were to the same lines as theirs or very
close to it.)  Then you check in.  (Someone with real experience with
CVS can feel free to clarify this better.  Everything I know about CVS
is vicarious.)

In this case, though, as near as I can determine, you don't seem to
have made any changes, or your changes didn't get committed somehow.
The version I'm getting from CVS now is apparently unchanged from what
I checked in earlier.  What changes were you trying to make?  If you
can make a diff of your changes against the version you had when you
started changing it, I can probably merge your changes with mine.

Anyway, the version that's live on the site is fine, but it's not the
version in CVS.  (The version in CVS is partway through the changes
for handling ZIP files.  I'll hopefully finish up those changes
tonight and have another look at the keyword stuff this weekend.)