[Clipart] Thumbnails in clipart packages

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Sat Jul 17 15:25:05 PDT 2004

> How about the following:
>
>  * use clipart:// as the URI scheme for files inside a clipart
>    package (analogous to file:/// for files on the filesystem).

Creating new pseudo protocols is EVIL!!!
Please please please do not create yet another protocol.

It is still a file, please use file:///
you gain nothing by inventing a new protocol you break any chance of
working with any older systems and tools that understand file:///

> Comments?  Suggestions?  Snide remarks?

Just the one comment above because it sets my alarm bell ringing.
Despite the exclamations marks I am quite serious about how bad an idea I
think it is to be creating new URI's.

- Alan H.