[Clipart] Comma-separated keywords in metadata

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sun Jul 18 17:31:36 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

>> Is this format suitable for our purposes?  Could we just re-use it?
>
> Yes.

Is there a spec for it, or is it documented in source code?

> Yeah, if it's a new file extension type, then I'd recommend also
> doing a mimetype for it.  If it's just going to be .zip, then use
> the zip mimetype.

That makes sense, so I'm deferring the content-type issue until we
finish deciding on the format spec itself and get back to deciding on
the extension.

>> Now that I've thought about it further, I'm thinking we require the
>> licensing to be covered in the metadata.  Do we want to require that
>> in the package format spec itself, or just for OCAL contributions?
>
> Hmm...  I would be tempted to be a little aggressive here and have
> it required in the package format spec.  That way it eliminates the
> question.

What does Inkscape's collection format do in this regard?

>> The thumbnails spec says one .thumbnails directory in one place.
>> We'll have to adapt it to use a directory inside the package,
>> though.
>
> Can you compose an email to the author of the spec summarizing our
> issue?  Perhaps we can get a generalization into the spec that'll
> work for our purposes?

Yes, I'll get to that eventually.  I'm still figuring out exactly what
all of our issues are first.

I like to be a little more careful about file format specs than code,
because for compatibility reasons they're harder and/or more painful
to refactor when you find the problems as you go along.