[Clipart] OCAL 0.05-pre1

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Mon Jul 19 00:15:01 PDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Alberto Simões wrote:
> > >   2. Some images (like 'map icons') are much white, and almost no image...
> >
> > it seems that the author forgot to modify document size
>
> Ok... then, we must call BRYCE! :) He is the author of most of them :-D

*Grin*  I was hoping nobody would notice.  ;-)

I did those about 3 years ago so they may need more work to be good
enough.

> > i intended to propose a new release methodology but is too late for 0.05:
> > - make a kind of freeze before the release
> > - move all images submitted after the previous release in the 'unsorted'
> > category of the browsable repository (ofcourse, all the file passing
> > validation)
> > - allow a few days for "moderators" to review them: sort in relevant
> > subdirectories, clear possible duplicates etc.
> > - package the browsable repository, this way we have files somehow sorted
>
> Yes, it seems a good idea. :)

I had hoped to get a lot of work done for 0.05, but unfortunately have
been swamped preparing a presentation for OLS next week.  What do you
guys think we should do:

   * Use the pre-release package I did as-is, and call it 0.05, and plan
     on getting the categorization and stuff in for 0.06.

   * Someone else take the tarball I posted and work it into good shape
     by hand, and release it some time this week.

   * Delay the release until after I get back from OLS