[Clipart] bug in upload_svg.cgi or in Inkscape?

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Wed Jul 21 17:41:32 PDT 2004

"Áki G. Karlsson" <aki at akademia.is> writes:

> The problematic 'Á' is because of inkscape metadata code producing
> incorrect utf-8.
>
> I'll report a bug to the Inkscape bugtracker.

Ah, so in this case the problem is not in the upload script.

However, the upload script is still being naive about this, just
_assuming_ that any metadata specified at upload time will be in the
same character set and encoding as the SVG itself.  Whether we need to
do anything about that (and what, exactly, would be the best thing to
do about it if we did do something) remains an open question.