[Clipart] Metadata

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Fri Jul 23 10:21:57 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 10:52:02AM -0400, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:

> > Is there a place I can get the list of categories,
>
> http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?KeywordList

:-(

I was hoping for something I wouldn't have to parse.  Or else something in
XML so I could use an XML parser.

> > and the files of each category?
>
> Use the browse thingy here:
> http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate

:-(

As above.

> That isn't actually based on the metadata yet, because we didn't have
> the keyword stuff in place until very recently, so the images were
> sorted into directories manually.  In fact, most of the images still
> don't have their keywords yet.  We have a script for adding them,
> though, and we'll hopefully be doing that soon, and then we can work
> out a procedure for building the browse heirarchy automatically from
> the metadata instead of the manual sorting used so far.

Okay.  No problem.

I have just been experimenting a little with an OCAL downloader (during my
study breaks).

My first attempt earlier on, using the Mozilla framework, didn't work out
as well as I hoped.  Now I am giving it another try.  This time I am
experimenting with Mono/C#/Gtk#.  We'll see how that works out.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this
PhD student.   | e-mail.  A significant number of electrons were,