[Clipart] Pre-release Package for 'openclipart'

David Illsley david at illsley.org
Wed Jun 9 00:56:29 PDT 2004

Bryce,
Forgive me if this suggestion is going round in circles. But...
Why not have a directory structure based on the submission date for
general storage. This would allow nicu's readme to reside with the
files on the server anyway. There could then be a translation process,
taking the keywords from the metadata and creating an appropriate
directory structure. It would also have the added advantage that if we
were trying to generate a package for a specific "area", files with
multiple categories could be pulled together in an appropriate
structure rather than left in a more general structure.

When transfered to a client oriented structure, clearly we don't want
millions of readmes from different authors kicking around so either we
can embed them in the svg files or host the readmes and embed a link to
them. (I think that's a better plan personally)

David