[Clipart] ANNOUNCE: SVG::Metadata

Glenn Randers-Pehrson glennrp at comcast.net
Sun Jun 13 06:06:30 PDT 2004

At 10:04 PM 6/12/2004 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
>I've completed writing some code for processing collections of SVG files
>to validate their metadata (title, author, license).  The code is
>packaged and released to CPAN:
>
>    http://search.cpan.org/~bryce/SVG-Metadata-0.01/
>
>It includes the following:
>
>SVG::Metadata - A module for parsing and accessing an SVG's metadata,
>    including title, author, license, and keywords.
>
>svg_validate - A script for scanning through a collection of SVG files
>    and extracting ones with valid metadata.  It also automatically
>    generates png's for each (using inkscape) and metadata text files.

For the past few weeks I have been attempting to get a "License" keyword
approved by the PNG group, so far without success.  The group seems to
feel that licensing info should go in a textual chunk with the "Copyright"
keyword, even if there is no copyright.  I'll know more on June 23
when the group finishes voting.

We could follow that recommendation, or we could of course use an
un-registered "License" keyword or even "OCAP License" keyword.  It
would be good to use the same keywords in PNG and SVG metadata.

Glenn