[Inkscape-devel] Re: [Clipart] ANNOUNCE: SVG::Metadata

bulia byak archiver_1 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 13 14:53:10 PDT 2004

>Do you know of tools for editing the metadata in a PNG file?  I could
>modify the script to include a metadata insertion into the generated PNG
>files as part of the process.

We probably also need to copy the SVG metadata into our exported PNG. Now
our png-write.cpp has:

	/* Made by Inkscape comment */
	text_ptr[0].key = "Software";
	text_ptr[0].text = "www.inkscape.org";

but you can add arbitrary additional fields.  Although I think this should
be optional because not everyone wants their PNG bloated by metadata.