[Clipart] Tasks for 'openclipart' package

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Mon Jun 28 04:21:15 PDT 2004

Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com> writes:
>
>>for i in *.svg; do inkscape -f "$i" -e "$i.png" -w 80; done
>
> I think that comes out to something roughly like this:
> for %%F in ( *.SVG ) do inkscape -f %F -e %F.png -w 80

i'm searching for a better way to make thumbnails, probably should i ask
on Inkscape mailing list, because the problem is Inkscape specific?

what i think is needed: if you are familiar with ImageMagik, something
equivalent with
convert -size 80x80 infile -resize 80x80 outfile

now let me explain: we want images proportionally scaled (up or down)
and with delimited size (horizontally or vertically)

my script fails in some cases, example for images with height larger
than width

a possible workaround is to run convert *after* the script, in order to
obtain the desired height, but why not make all in one single step?

--
nicu