[Clipart] Comma-separated keywords in metadata

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Mon Jun 28 16:11:37 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

[unstandardly-formatted subjects]
>> Are there a lot of images with this issue, or just a couple?
>
> By and large, *most* people did not include metadata, so by
> definition there are not a lot of images with this issue.

Okay, so then we should for now concentrate on the stuff that will
make it easier to add metadata to images without any, probably, or on
categorization of the images that have the required metadata but are
unsorted.

If there are 600+ images _with_ metadata, and _most_ people didn't
include it, wow, that's a lot of metadataless images sitting around,
with no author info!

Should we be adding an optional author-email field to the upload
script?  I was already thinking of having it at least provide a link
to a page that lists known/supported optional fields, or something.
As it stands, the user has to just _know_ what fields they can add,
which seems wrong.  Maybe instead of the current system for optional
fields where the user specifies the name and value for the field,
there could be dropdown lists for the field names, or something?
(That would be easy to implement...)