[Clipart] OpenClipart 0.04 browsable

"Áki G. Karlsson" aki at akademia.is
Wed Jun 30 08:23:23 PDT 2004

Here are some categorization examples from other clipart sites. These are
worse than font sites with regard to ads, popups, circular references and
hidden alliances, but I guess we all must live somehow...

In my opinion these are all bad. The first one doesn't make sense with
categories Animals and then Dinosaurs... The second one is way too ad-hoc
(content based), and makes no sense at all. The third one is simply to
big... while the subcategories are a fine idea, the number of top level
categories is overwhelming... IMHO

Just to revisit the topic...

Still, I think we should just go ahead with ad-hoc categories for now...

Best regards

Áki

#################################

 from http://classroomclipart.com/:
Animals
Architecture
Clipart
Color
Computers
Countries
Culture and Communities
Dinosaurs
Entertainment
Fonts
Foods
Geography
Habitats
History
Illustrations
Industry
Leisure and Recreation
Maps
Music
Nature and Environment
New
People
Plants
Scenery
Science
Screensavers
Sounds
Space
Sports
Textures and Backgrounds
Things
Transportation
Travel
Videos
Wallpaper
Weather
-------------
 from http://www.free-clipart-archive.com/
Alphabets
Astrology
Birds
Cats
Charms
Commercial
Crosses
Eyes
Fairy
Funtoons
Gold
Griffin
Holidays
Pegasus
Silver
Zodiac
-----------
 from http://www.freeclipartnow.com/ (javascript treeview)
Animals
	Bears, Birds, Butterflies, Cats, Cows, Dinosaurs, Dogs, Dragons,
Elephants, Fishes, Frogs, Horses , Mice, Monkeys, Penguins, Pigs, Rabbits,
Reindeers, Snakes, Spiders, Other Animals
Books
Business & Money
Cartoons
	Disney
Computers
Construction & Tools
(E)mail
Fire
Flags
Food
Games
Holidays & Fun
	Birthday, Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Fun & Party, Mother's Day, New
Year, st. Patrick's day, Valentine, Wedding
Home, House
Logos
Media
Medical
Music
Nature
	Flowers, Winter
Office & School
People
	Babies, Body Parts, Children, Men, Women
Planets
Religious
	Angels, Christian
Signs
Smileys
Sports
	Basketball, Bowling, Cheerleading, Football, Golf, Volleyball
Vehicles
	Airplanes, Cars

--
http://www.hi.is/~akig/