[Clipart] Contributors and moderation

Jonathan Phillips jon at protofunk.org
Wed Mar 31 01:02:29 PST 2004

Completely agree Bryce.

We must KISS (uh...what)...

The groups of users is brilliant to allow people to form communities
around their images. Multiple packages fits the idea to cater to
different interested parties.

I also want to make sure that we keep the site/interface nice for people
who are not familiar with OSS. I really think that it should be all
about getting the best images, and thus normal linux/oss chat/jargon
might be better pushed onto the wiki.

I'm more concerned at this point in getting diverse submissions. I hope
we can get designers, artists, linux evangelists, cartoonists, and from
other communities than just OSS, to be involved.

But of course, KISS. I think we should just get a simple PHP site setup
that allows submitting SVG files, checks them, validates them and saves
to the page for now. Later, this can develop into something more complex
as the need arises.

Bryce, your other ideas sound brilliant...

Jon