[Clipart] 0.08 release
bryce at bryceharrington.com
Mon Nov 1 01:36:42 PST 2004
I am not going to work any further on the 0.08 release because I am out
of time. Here is what needs to be done to complete the release:
Nicu please do the following:
* Move the current incoming directory on the website aside and create
a new incoming dir. Check for any new uploads that did not get
included in the pre-release, and put them back into the new
* Download the file ocal_incoming_0.07.tgz from the downloads dir.
These files failed to pass the validator and simply hung. It is
possible one of the files hangs Inkscape. Thus there is no
PASSFAIL report. Included are both the original incoming and the
raw output for as many files as it got.
* Extract the files from the 'incoming' dir that did not get included
into the output directories, then do this:
- For each file, try to create a thumbnail using inkscape.
Determine which file(s) are causing the hang and deal with them.
It appears to possibly be one of the barcode files but I don't
- Run svg_metadata on the remaining files to generate the
thumbnails and metadata files.
Jonadab please do the following:
* Since your hierarchicalization script works on your machine but not
on mine, run it on the preview package I created and put files into
* Ensure all directories are correctly spelt, have no leading,
trailing, or embedded whitespace, and are of consistent
pluralization (e.g. mammal and mammals).
* Tarball this package and give it to Nicu
Nicu, when Jonadab sends you the tarball, do the following:
* Combine the files from the ocal_incoming_0.07 with the package from
* Review the files, fix them up manually. If you wish to delete
duplicates or whatever, knock yourself out. Since I do not
reprocess files from previous releases, this manual work will not
* Review the directory structure and manually adjust the organization
until you're happy with it.
* Calculate the correct stats for the number of files, etc.
* Create the final openclipart-0.08.tgz and upload it to the
downloads/ directory on the website. Update the index page with
the link and stats.
* Send rejon an email to put out news notices about the release.
Rejon, when Nicu notifies you, please announce this release as widely as
More information about the clipart