[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library 0.07 Release

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Mon Oct 4 10:44:46 PDT 2004

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > I uploaded a new version of the package with changes.
> > Please update the numbers on the website.
>
> this version is better: down to 2139 files (only 385 duplicate files
> left) and 13.8M (only 3.9M duplicated of zip archive)

It sounds like you don't understand that there will be duplicates.
Since each keyword corresponds to a subdirectory, for each file that has
multiple keywords, there will be multiple copies.  Please see the thread
from a couple weeks ago for the need for this approach plus the longer
term goals.

> >>i was intrigued by the huge increase, from 1700 files (reported supposed
> >>to be in previous release) to 2300 files (supposed to be now) so i
> >>counted the unique files in this release: the correct number is *1754*.
> >>so we have about 600 duplicate images (1800 total files, including .png
> >>and .txt)
>
> can i reiterate the request for PASSFAIL? i think we don't want to throw
> files in /dev/null without a valid reason

The script does not generate those currently.  It wasn't a priority
because I hadn't ever heard anyone say they found them useful.