[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library 0.07 Release

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Mon Oct 4 23:00:12 PDT 2004

Alan Horkan wrote:
> The reported 7 MB size difference is worrying, but I suspect that 7MB is
> the size on disk and that the duplicates would have compressed reasonably
> well and not made a significant difference to the total size of the
> compressed archive.

no, the 7 MB (now 4 MB) size difference in in .zip format, uncompressed
was 28 MB (now is 15.4)
i added all those metrics to put in perspective the reasoning for using
duplicates, is easy to say "we keep a few duplicates in order to make
the collection easy browsable" but when those "few" add 70% or 40% to
the *download* size i think we should think again.

-
nicu