SVG::Metadata 0.18 release Re: [Clipart] Keys in flags and svg_annotate feature request

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at linuxrising.org
Tue Oct 5 00:41:26 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 07:48, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > b) let me set a special word like 'prompt' as the value and svg_annotate
> > will prompt me for values for each svg instead of forcing me to set a
> > global variable
>
> I won't be implementing interactive prompting in SVG::Metadata, but
> would accept a script or patch if someone else wishes to do this.

Thanks for the new release with built in key-word adding Bryce :)

Ok a plead from me then to any perl hackers in the openclipart community
for a patch to do interactive prompting. I have what I guess is about
250 flags with different authors that I need to annotate. My current
solution of using svg_annotate with a random name and then using vi on
the svg file afterwards to correct the names, it is rather
timeconsuming.

So if someone out there takes pity on me and implements a prompting
patch I would be very grateful :)

Christian