[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library 0.07 Release

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Sun Oct 10 11:36:50 PDT 2004

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > I uploaded a new version of the package with changes.
> > Please update the numbers on the website.
>
> Maybe we can have prereleases only announced to this list so they can be
> reviewed before the actual release is announced.

I generally only get time once every couple weeks to really put in a
good chunk of time for clipart, so this wouldn't work too well - I
normally try to get the whole release through in one day, so if it had
to wait for a review I probably wouldn't get to it again for a long
while.

If someone else was willing to take responsibility for a portion of the
release process, then that could help.

> Also, I hope the version number of the filename was changed for this new
> release.

No, since the problem was found and corrected so soon after the initial
release, I just replaced the file.  If more time had passed, I would
have just left it for the next month's release.

If we knew more detail about how people are using these releases, then
it may prove worthwhile to adopt a stricter release process, but afaik
this is mainly just used for the browse tool and the occassional
downloader.  If anyone knows of any usage beyond this, though, let us
know.