[Clipart] Positive submission reinforcement

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Sat Oct 30 10:13:41 PDT 2004

Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:
>

>>The correct answer right now is that we create new collections once
>>each month, at the start of the month.
>

> That's only *part* of the correct answer, in that it only applies to
> the complete-package downloads.
>
> He was probably looking in the "browse" section, however, and that has
> not been updated for a couple of releases now, ever since the release
> procedure changed to use the keywords.  Ultimately the browse
> interface will be fed from the DMS and can be updated more frequently,
> perhaps even continuously, but right now it's stagnant.
>
> So the real answer is, "We're working on this."

i have a proposal: starting with this release we use the release as
'browse' repository. we can do that now because we have the files sorted
in some directories by the release script (based on existing keywords)

basically we have to add two simple steps to the release process:
- delete the content of 'OpenClipart' directory
- copy all directories from inside the release tarball in 'OpenClipart'

--
nicu