[Clipart] new site design in progress

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Sep 8 11:36:21 PDT 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:

> Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 14:05:43 -0400
> From: Jonadab the Unsightly One <jonadab at bright.net>
> To: clipart at freedesktop.org
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] new site design in progress
>
> Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:
>
> > Yeah, I dunno...I kinda am digging the centered logo.
>
> I like the centered logo plus text combination at the top.

The logo looks awfully like a fixed graphic.

I happen to very much like that in the current design all the text is text
and that can be nicely enlarged as I see fit.

moving the search box down adds to the dead space.

> Actually, I rather like the overall design, except I'm not sure there
> aren't too many columns for smallish browser windows.

one column might be allright two columns designs are usually look terribly
cluttered and disorganised.  they also result in a lot of dead space if
the center column is longer than the sidebars (which it usually is).

I dont think I said thank you enough when we changed to the current desing
and had things nicely organised in horizontal rows and I would be very
wary of changes to the structure of the site but I have no issues with
changing the Style of the site.

- Alan