[Clipart] Document Management System 0.09

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Sun Sep 12 00:45:12 PDT 2004

Document::Manager 0.09 has been posted to CPAN and will be downloadable
from there within a few hours.

The big feature for this release is that I've successfully turned it
into a SOAP-based daemon service, called dmsd.  :-)  (See README)

dmsd runs on port 8012; it's installed on openclipart.org for folks to
play with.

Below is a simple script for interacting with the server.  You must have
SOAP::Lite installed to use it, but that's it (you don't need to install
Document::Manager or anything.)

I also wrote a script 'submit_clipart', that scans a dir structure and
submits all svg files to the server.  Unfortunately it only works local
to the server, so you'd have to run that from freedesktop.org.

Bryce

#!/usr/bin/perl
use SOAP::Lite;

my $soap = SOAP::Lite
    ->uri('http://www.openclipart.org/Document/Manager')
    ->proxy('http://www.openclipart.org:8012/');

my $dms = $soap->call(new => 0)->result;
die "Failed to get a DMS object from server\n" unless $dms;

my $result = $soap->query($dms);
die( join ', ', $result->faultcode, $result->faultstring ) if ($result->fault);

foreach my $row (@{$result->result}) {
    print $row, "\n";
}