Aaagh! Re: [Clipart] new site design in progress

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Sep 13 07:51:02 PDT 2004

Hi Carl...

Yes, the design won, but moved it along through design evolution phases.
And was decided in chat channel to make it cooler and not so aggressive
with orange, etc....those are nice though.

The shadows were made to make printing and consistency more
professional.

Take it easy...this logo already has 4 colors and in the old way had
like 6. So, better to compress and make more solid.

Jon

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 23:21, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:09:57 +0900, Jon Phillips wrote:
> > Another thing, I'm putting the tweaked logo into the incoming as
> > Logotype Final. I also put the svg files for the search buttons.
>
> What's the"tweaked logo"? Is that what is currently rendered large and
> at the top of the page?
>
> If so, I was just about to send an email asking where that came
> from. It's drastically different from the SVG that is pointed out as the
> wining entry. In addition to the color changes, the subtle shadow effect
> was replaced with bulky black lines.
>
> Where these intentional changes? I didn't follow things extremely
> closely, but I don't believe this is the version that was voted on.
>
> I greatly prefer the original version, (which is accurately represented
> in the little button graphic next to the "winning entry" text, as well
> as in the mini-URL icon).
>
> -Carl

KOREA.PH.010.3140.7483
USA.PH.858.361.2811