[Clipart] Logo

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Sep 22 18:07:20 PDT 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:29:40 +0300
> From: Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com>
> To: clipart-list <clipart at freedesktop.org>
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] Logo
>
> Tobias Jakobs wrote:
> > i changed the logo from the oc.o frontpage and discussed it in the irc
> > channel. The font is from rejons scissors logo:
> > http://openclipart.org/clipart//OCALLogos/open_clip_art_logo_11.svg
>
> i hate when unknown fonts are used so i have to introduce inconsistence

This only highlights the absurdity of using a graphic to represent Text.

It has already been pointed out that using an image to represent text
breaks the ability of browser to Zoom the font size.

> in logos: http://www.openclipart.org/images/ocal-header-wiki.png
> not having on my system any font to look exactly the same i used
> Bitstream Vera

Looks good though, I really like the Bitstream Fonts.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/
Inkscape, Draw Freely http://inkscape.org