[Clipart] Logo, blue on blue.

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Sat Sep 25 14:50:55 PDT 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004, Glenn Randers-Pehrson wrote:

> Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:35:25 -0400
> From: Glenn Randers-Pehrson <glennrp at comcast.net>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana at maths.tcd.ie>
> Cc: clipart-list <clipart at freedesktop.org>
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] Logo, blue on blue.
>
> At 09:57 PM 9/25/2004 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> >
> >The openclipart.org logo blue is subtley different from the blue used on
> >the page, just different enough for the edge to be noticable.
> >
> >I noticed this using an older version of firefox on windows, but I dont
> >see it using Mozilla on FreeBSD.
> >
> >It is a minor detail but I figured I should point it out in case it is
> >happening to others or find out if it only occurs in very rare cases.
>
> Looks OK to me with the most recent (PR1.0) Firefox on WinXP and with
> Mozilla-1.72 also on WinXP.  MSIE 5.5 shows a faint light border around the
> image with brighter dots at the corners.  Although that's wrong it isn't
> unattractive.

The monitor was kinda old and crappy, it was probably (almost certainly)
set to only 16-bit colour rather than full 32-bit colour.  Ideally the PNG
would use single colour transparency (that IE supports without any
additional messing) and let the background page colour show through.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/
Inkscape, Draw Freely http://inkscape.org