[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library - Release 0.06

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Sun Sep 26 17:48:30 PDT 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> > There is also considerably more clipart in this release than before.
> > We've grown from 721 items in the 0.05 release to over 1700 unique
> > images in this one, with a corresponding increase in the size of the
> > package from 4.2M to over 12M.
>

> we have a large number of duplicates, take as one example the Che
> Guevara picture, it appears in:
> - celebrity
> - che
> - face
> - guevara
> - people
> - shape
>
> another examples are hen (in animal, chicken, farm and hen) or
> inservice_presentation (in office, presentation, people, education,
> meeting, activities and work)
>
> basically, every image with multiple keywords appear one time (in a
> separate subdirectory) for each of the keywords

Yes that's why I said 'unique'.  Counting duplicates there are
more.  I also noticed that certain images have too many keywords, but
didn't have time to address that.  I don't know what we should do in the
future - include duplicates (probably, but hogs space), use symlinks
(would only work on *nix), use only the first keyword in the list (ehh),
or what.  I'm hoping that once more tools are available and we can edit
keywords or select which dirs appear in a package, that the issue
becomes much less.