[Clipart] Problems with svg_annotate

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Tue Sep 28 02:46:59 PDT 2004

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> I have been trying to test the svg_annotate script by running the
> following command:
> svg_annotate --title=Canada_Yukon yukon.svg
> Processing file 'yukon.svg'
>
> Problem is that it seems to have no effect, I can't find the title
> inside the SVG and running ls -la shows me nothing happened to the file:
>
> ls -la yukon.svg*
> -rw-rw-r--  1 cschalle cschalle 54567 Sep 28 10:57 yukon.svg
> -rw-rw-r--  1 cschalle cschalle 54567 Sep 27 20:03 yukon.svg.orig
>
> Any suggestions?

can you check if the file already contain a metadata section?

i can reproduce your problem with a file newly created in Inkscape 0.40
(which contains some metadata by default).
after deleting manually metadata, svg_annotate will work.

also, using svg_annotate --delete (which is supposed to remove metadata)
does not produce anything

probably is a bug in SVG::Metadata.
Bryce?

--