[Clipart] SVG::Metadata problem (was: upload script problem?)

Stephen Silver ocalocal at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 1 08:31:44 PST 2005

Jonadab wrote:

> Yeah, now we've just got to sort out the metadata charset issues.
> Whee.

The first thing to do is to stop everything being converted to HTML
entities.  Most of the SVG files with non-ASCII characters that I
fixed for this release were corrupted by HTML entities during the
release procedure, and therefore rejected again.

After some searching I think I've found what is doing this, it's
the following line in Metadata.pm:

    return encode_entities($text);

Changing this to

    return encode_entities($text, '<>&"\'');

should fix the problem.  But it would be better to remove HTML::Entities
altogether; I've attached a patch for this.  This patch isn't tested,
because I can't install XML::Twig.

The copy of SVG::Metadata that the server is using needs to be fixed,
and whoever prepares the next release should make sure that their copy
of SVG::Metadata is fixed.

Stephen Silver
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Metadata.pm.diff
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 649 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/clipart/attachments/20050401/eb88a08e/attachment.obj>

More information about the clipart mailing list