[Clipart] SVG::Metadata re-engineering

Nathan Eady eady at galion.lib.oh.us
Mon Apr 4 09:53:02 PDT 2005

Stephen Silver wrote:

> After some searching I think I've found what is doing this, it's
> the following line in Metadata.pm:
>
>     return encode_entities($text);

Yep, I had found that, and it was on my TODO list of things to
adjust when I work over SVG::Metadata.  I also want to fully grok
the XML::Twig stuff in sub parse, so that I understand completely
what is going on there, try to finish up some of the items that are
marked TODO in the comments in that sub, especially publisher_url,
and add an option to retain the SVG, with a corresponding to_svg
method that replaces the old metadata from the parsed SVG with
that generated by to_rdf and returns the whole thing as valid
SVG content.  Also there are several TODO comments in to_rdf
that I might try to clean up if I have time.

Speaking of that:  Bryce, if you have any pending changes to
Metadata.pm that aren't in the latest version on the CPAN, can
you send them my way, so we don't have to end up merging two
sets of changes?

We'll get this stuff right eventually.  Maybe we'll even learn
something in the process :-)