[Clipart] metadata: aren't the keywords actually categories (and can keywords be added)?

Nathan Eady eady at galion.lib.oh.us
Fri Apr 15 10:51:12 PDT 2005

Mike Traum wrote:
> Uggg ... can you please forward that email I just sent directly
 > to you to the list?

Not per se (well, not easily).  (If you'd sent it to me at home,
that wouldn't be a problem, but the mail client I'm stuck using here
at  work doesn't have the right kind of forwarding/redirection
feature for that.  It doesn't even do word wrap right; but that
rant is way off-topic, so I won't belabor it here.)

However, what I can do is copy and paste just the body of your
message in here...

(Mike said the following stuff):

I see - this all makes sense now. When you do implement the
hierarchy-en.xml type system, I encourage you to distrubte that with
the packages. That way, a client application wanting to import your
packages (a clip organizer, for example) could digest it.

This brings up the question about how your packages are structured,
though. Right now, you're structing the packages with files in their
category. What happends if a file is in multiple categories? I think
this is the reason Microsoft chose to distribute their clipart in one
big xml file. Maybe openclipart should be doing the same once a clip
art organizer application is written?

thanks,
mike