[Clipart] KDE and OCAL

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Mon Apr 18 23:54:25 PDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 10:59:34PM +0200, Tobias Jakobs wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 15.04.2005, 16:15 -0700 schrieb Aaron Seigo:
> > looking at your roadmap, it seems that some of these things will become (more)
> > feasable with the realization of milestones 13 and 17, but i find it's
> > usually good to start figuring out the details sooner rather than later.
> >
> Unfortunately the DMS ist paused at the moment, until the Inkscape gtkmm
> stuff, he is working on, done. If you have a good PHP/Perl guru he would
> be very welcome.

Unfortunately, the gtkmm stuff is looking like it will not end soon.
I'm going to try to balance time between the two projects, though.

In particular, what we need right now is to redo all of the dms calls to
be non-object oriented.  In other words, instead of implementing the API
as members of a class, to make them stand-alone functions that accept
the owning object as the first argument.

The reason we need this is because PHP does not correctly interpret
Perl's object model, and thus object oriented calls don't work.

Anyway, the fix should be pretty straightforward.  It's just a bit
frustrating that it has to be rigged up this way.  ;-)