[Clipart] KDE and OCAL

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Apr 20 09:02:46 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 23:54 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 10:59:34PM +0200, Tobias Jakobs wrote:
> > Am Freitag, den 15.04.2005, 16:15 -0700 schrieb Aaron Seigo:
> > > looking at your roadmap, it seems that some of these things will become (more)
> > > feasable with the realization of milestones 13 and 17, but i find it's
> > > usually good to start figuring out the details sooner rather than later.
> > >
> > Unfortunately the DMS ist paused at the moment, until the Inkscape gtkmm
> > stuff, he is working on, done. If you have a good PHP/Perl guru he would
> > be very welcome.
>
> Unfortunately, the gtkmm stuff is looking like it will not end soon.
> I'm going to try to balance time between the two projects, though.

Yeah, its taking much longer...but that is an Inkscape issue... ;) I'll
see how I can help on both...

> In particular, what we need right now is to redo all of the dms calls to
> be non-object oriented.  In other words, instead of implementing the API
> as members of a class, to make them stand-alone functions that accept
> the owning object as the first argument.
>
> The reason we need this is because PHP does not correctly interpret
> Perl's object model, and thus object oriented calls don't work.
>
> Anyway, the fix should be pretty straightforward.  It's just a bit
> frustrating that it has to be rigged up this way.  ;-)

Could we develop the object model to fit PHP? Or, I guess we could use
perl on pages as well, but that would be possibly too big of a
performance hit. Or, we could re-develop DMS in object oriented PHP.

jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)
CVS Book (http://cvsbook.ucsd.edu)