[Clipart] Mailing List Configuration

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Mon Aug 1 10:09:29 PDT 2005

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Christopher Ellison wrote:

> Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 01:48:10 -0700
> From: Christopher Ellison <chris_ellison at hotmail.com>
> To: clipart at lists.freedesktop.org
>
> I know this is done with other lists.  Can the list configuration
> options be set so that the reply-to field is always the list address?

Please search the web for Reply To considered harmful.
I think it may have been discussed already on this list.

I would prefer if things were left as they are because it is better to
accidentally mail one person offlist than to accidentally mail the whole
list full of many people (by now we may well have hundreds of readers).

Some email programs include an option that allow you to easily Reply to
List and if your email program does not you might consider asking them to
add it.  Most programs include a button for Reply All which is what I
normally use.

> I have made this mistake a couple times now.  I see a message and
> naturally, hit reply----only the reply goes to the person who sent the
> message rather than to the list.

I would really prefer if the list was left the way it is.  The cure is
worse than the problem.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org