[Clipart] Translating clipart database

benji at bensuz.com benji at bensuz.com
Wed Aug 3 02:50:29 PDT 2005

who are bible translators by trade and should have some good insight into
keyword translations difficulties. Befor I consult though it seems that with
DMS we are going to be able to edit and add keywords to the clipart. Listing
all the keywords in use and allowing our multilingual visitors to provide
translations of those words they feel confident in changing seems a good
solution, as long as they can also be tweeked on a case by case basis. I.E I
change "dog" to "hond" for dutch,  which I happen to know is the correct word,
all the clipart with the english keyword of "dog" show up in the browser and
you can eaither have an approve/disapprove system or just assume they are all
good and have an edit button to change the incorectly translated/associated
clipart keywords. This not only provides a fairly easy interface for a non
techie to contribute but it also helps refine the keywords that are in use for
both languages.