[Fwd: Re: [Clipart] Nazi flag]

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at digitaldistribution.com
Thu Aug 4 05:03:53 PDT 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Clipart] Nazi flag
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 13:00:36 +0100
From: Daniel Carrera <dcarrera at digitaldistribution.com>
To: momo <momo at lumenstudio.net>
<004301c598ea$01b426c0$4e72fea9 at LUMEN2>

momo wrote:

> My point of view is that we should:
>
> - NEVER ACCEPT children pornography.

Does child pornography include a drawing of a nude angel from the Vatican?

That's the problem with saying "never". Very few things in life are so
simple, or so absolute.

> - FORGET about religion (too much problems for nothing, like the
> "problem" that somebody may be "offended" by evolution (I really hope
> this is a joke))

<sarcasm>Well that's convenient.</sarcasm>

Most people in this world follow one religion or another. And by saying
"forget about religion" you are imposing your particular atheist views
on everyone else. :-)

Again, I don't like those "absolute" policies.

What if a particular religious symbol is offensive to most people. For
example, imagine a cult that believes in something really horrible that
99% of the world finds abominable. I don't know, child torture,
whatever. And they start adding in their hate-promoting logos to OCAL.

Is this likely to happen. No, of course not. But that's not the point.
My point is that we can't have such an absolute rule. We need to, at
least, be willing to make exceptions. Just as nude angels should be
except from the policy against child porn.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
      /\/`) Leave your mark at OpenOffice.org