[Clipart] how about wallpaper..

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Tue Aug 9 11:58:06 PDT 2005

Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> Seems like we could amass quite a large collection of SVG-based
> wallpaper.

I suppose, but for wallpaper, wouldn't most people rather have
something raytraced, or a photograph?  The POVray gallery, or the
IRTC, or sxc.hu, seem to me like good sources of wallpaper.  I know
they don't scale very well, but how many people regularly change the
dimensions of their desktops?

Also, for wallpaper, the public-domain requirement that we impose
seems fairly unnecessary.

I think we should focus on clip art.

> BTW: I became frustrated again by the lack of public domain fonts
> and a central place to find them...man, I look forward to when there
> is a project for this like openfontlibrary or something similar.

That would indeed be nice.  But I don't know that we have time to
pursue it.  Perhaps someone else will.

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/