[Clipart] Should OCAL pursue links from other clipart sites.

Gerald Ganson Gerald.Ganson at rdc.ab.ca
Fri Aug 19 16:08:32 PDT 2005

> In my view, our emphasis is on "Open" not on "ClipArt", so I see more
> appropriate cross-promotion with other "Open Content" projects than
> "Closed ClipArt" sites (a good example for cross-promotion is the
> to-be-created Open Font Library)

I was just thinking that end users are going to be making searches
like...

+clipart +free +download
+clipart +download

not

+"open source" +clipart

If there were links on more clipart type sites like I disovered there is
on http://www.clipartguide.com/, I was just thinking more users might
find OCAL.

just a though...  Gerald G.

PS if OCAL gets a couple hundred more submissions it could exceed 5000
images for R.17 !!!!
That would be cool.