[Clipart] Re: Makefile and RPMs

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Wed Aug 24 06:57:54 PDT 2005

Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> writes:

> * a single SRPM containing the "full" bzip tarball. It would be even
> better if the multiple image formats could be generated using "make"
> from one or two input formats (e.g. make PNGs from SVGs plus text
> files). I don't know if this is possible or not. If it is, a source
> distribution containing just the minimum needed content would be
> better, and have the rest built using "make". Full "binary"
> distributions could also be built for people not wanting to do that
> themselves, but the RPM would not use those.

The SRPM probably does not need the .png files, nor the .txt metadata
summary for each image.  Those things ultimately derive from the .svg
files and can be generated from them.  However, the tools package is
needed to do said generating.

Also it is noteworthy that the tools package has some dependencies,
that probably ought to be specified.  Among them...

* Inkscape (used for generating the thumbnails)
* Perl Modules from the CPAN:
  * SVG::Metadata (most of the tools need this one)
  * File::Spec::Functions
  * DateTime

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/