[Clipart] Re: [Inkscape-devel] Re: Clip Art Browser

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Aug 25 12:22:48 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 14:58 -0300, bulia byak wrote:
> On 8/25/05, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 12:49 -0400, Greg Steffensen wrote:
> > > This sounds like a good idea, and requires minimal changes to the
> > > code.  But I'm theoretically working on this for Inkscape, as far as
> > > Google is concerned.  Would a stronger separation from Inkscape be
> > > tolerable?
>
> I like the idea of a separate browser so long as:
>
> - drag and drop from it to Inkscape works

Already does...just need to get it to drop where the cursor is
located...anyone have thoughts on this?

> - it is as crossplatform as is Inkscape

cool

> - it is shipped along with Inkscape at least on Windows

I think it should ship for all platforms...there might be issues though
until python 2.4 and pygtk become standard on most systems...

> - it can be run from within Inkscape

Where should it go in the Inkscape menu IYO? Also, it would be good for
inkscape to check and see if it exists and add it to the menu at
run-time possibly...

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org