[Clipart] Re: coordinate the new release

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sat Aug 27 15:25:17 PDT 2005

Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> > So if I pull the incoming files on the 24th, it should be possible
> > to get through Release Procedure steps 1-19 by Sunday the 28th,
> > even with the large amount of new clipart this time.
> >
> > That should give us time to get the various packages built and the
> > PR done and so forth by the first of September, or thereabouts.
>
> Cool...I think this is a good plan.
>
> > Am I making sense?  Do we want to release on Thursday the 1st?
>
> Yeah sure, lets hit it right on the nose this time!

Not that anyone's going to be interested in this or anything, but if
you investigate, you may observe that the 0.17 directory has appeared,
and contains some packages.

(Ho, hum, nothing to see here, move along.  Ahem. ;-)

It does not contain the Win32 installer, nor RPMs; after the issues
that came up with trying to make dist, I set that aside for now and
just did the tarballs and zipfiles in the traditional way.  You know,
I wanted to squeeze in a few hours of sleep last night.  Silly me.

(I still have to investigate whether there was a problem with my
system, e.g. with the filesystem or the drive, that may have caused
those issues yesterday with that.  I didn't get around to that yet
since I worked today.)

I also have not yet made any edits to the downloads page or anything,
nor installed the new package for browse, and I'm assuming you're
heading up the PR again, unless someone says otherwise.

What else do we need to get ready for the release?

This is going to be a pretty big release, and unless something
unanticipated goes wrong, it should be the best so far.

I bet we get the next 5K in less than half the time it took us to get
the first 5K.

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/