[Clipart] bart

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sun Aug 28 19:08:49 PDT 2005

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

> > I don't think the Bart Simpson in your queue is free from copyrights.
> > Just fyi
>
> Thanks, agreed, if we have any known cartoon characters in OCAL, they
> should probably be removed or at least marked for review.

I put Bart into failed/not-public-domain, along with the BSD daemon.
As usual, the failed directory is not included in the main release,
but I uploaded it separately (as openclipart-0.17-failed.tar.bz2), so
that the failed files can be reviewed, in case some of them can be
repaired and included.  (Though it seems unlikely that any repairs we
can do will make Bart Simpson suitable for inclusion, some of the
files may have failed for reasons that can be repaired, as has
happened in the past.)

We probably should investigate the files in failed/no-content in
particular; these are tarballs or zipfiles that somehow ended up
having only metadata.rdf in them and no other files; I *suspect* this
may be due to a bug in the upload script (which, it seems, will never
be quite right).  The upload.log may shed some light on that.  If we
can resurect them for the next release, I'd like to do that.

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/