[Clipart] Screenshot uploaded: The Matrix online

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sun Dec 4 10:06:43 PST 2005

Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> Whoa, we are gettig a lot of spam screenshots these days...

Yeah, that's why we switched a while back from publishing on
submission (with a "reject" functionality for janitoring) to not
publishing on submission (with a "review and approve" link posted to
this list).

However, if we start seeing screenshots approved and published that
shouldn't be, we could remove the "review and approve" function or
password protect it.  If we remove it, screenshots could still be
uploaded but would not be published unless someone with a shell
account manually copies them over.

Or we could just chmod -x the whole screenshot upload script and only
take screenshots from people who can scp them up.

I don't have a lot of emotion invested in that screenshot facility, so
it's not important to me one way or another how we handle this.  We
could just say "email your screenshots to Jon" for all I care ;-)

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/