[Fwd: Re: [Clipart] mirror setup]

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Feb 1 17:21:47 PST 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Clipart] mirror setup
Date: Tue,  1 Feb 2005 05:14:56 -0500
From: anand at iwp.biz
To: Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org>
<41FF26E9.9070904 at rejon.org>

> Anand, that would be great! We still need to figure out our mirroring
> strategy.

you can try to go rsync way. its prefered by most people.

> What type of server space do you have and the type of connection?

i have many servers. basically i run a hosting and dedicated servers business
with tieups in 5 DC's. your project was something i liked and saw the post on
mirroring, hence my mail.

i should be able to setup couple of gigs for you (as per the requirement) with
atleast 100gb data transfer per month.

> Also, do you have any recommendations about mirroring strategies? One other
> person has marked interest as well as Center for New Media at UC Berkeley.

As i said earlier rsync should be good. many mirrors use that to mirror
content.
basically setup a base server, from there any mirror server you authorise, can
connect using rsync and mirror your content.

regards,

Anand Gupta

jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org