[Clipart] Bzip archives?

Glenn Randers-Pehrson glennrp at comcast.net
Sat Feb 5 04:51:14 PST 2005

At 02:28 PM 2/5/2005 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>Glen Turner wrote:
>>
>>> IMO, we can drop tar.gz and provide only tar.bz2 in the future, and do
>>> not waste storage space on the server.

Libpng started offering the tar.bz2 several years ago but we have not
dropped tar.gz yet because still almost half of the users choose the
tar.gz download format.  Our concern is more about transfer time than
storage space on the server.  ImageMagick and GraphicsMagick have
roughly the same experience; about half of the users are still choosing
the less efficient tar.gz (Hmmm, SourceForge stats are hosed again
so I can't prove that now).

Glenn