[Clipart] Re: [Inkscape-devel] Keywords issue between OCAL and Inkscape

Kees Cook gtk-app at outflux.net
Mon Feb 7 01:01:36 PST 2005

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 11:59:32PM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Uraeus pointed out that the keywords added by svg_annotate don't show up
> in Inkscape.
>
> It looks like svg_annotate is inserting the keywords correctly, more or
> less.  (It doesn't add id numbers to the elements, but I'm fairly sure
> that's not required anyway.)
>
> The problem appears to be that Inkscape is not reading the keyword info
> in.  It's simple to check this:
>
>    * Start up a new drawing in inkscape
>    * Draw a circle or something
>    * Go to Document Properties > Metadata and type "asdf" for a keyword
>    * Save the file and exit inkscape
>    * cat the saved file and note that asdf is in the keywords section
>    * Load the file in Inkscape again
>    * Go to the Document Properties > Metadata page.  No keywords shown.
>
> I've submitted a bug report on the above.

This was actually noticed and fixed last week (with a different usage
pattern).  The upcoming 0.41 Inkscape release has the fix.  I've marked
the bug a duplicate of bug #1113316.  It was actually only a display
bug; Inkscape itself would load and save the keyword metadata, it just
wouldn't show the keyword field in the GUI unless you typed one in --
which would then vanish later on.  :)

As long as we're talking about OCAL and bugs, though, I should mention
one I found with ... the upload tool, I guess?  I've noticed that many
of the SVGs in the package have "Publisher" set to "HASH(0x....)", which
must be the result of some Perl processing on the metadata.  For
example:

$ curl -s http://openclipart.org/clipart//buildings/carnegie_library_building_01.svg | grep -2 HASH
        <dc:publisher>
           <Agent rdf:about="http://www.openclipart.org">