[Clipart] Bzip archives?

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Mon Feb 7 19:25:26 PST 2005

Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> You think that there should just be a quick contact that links to
> the main mailing list page?

I've been wondering myself what the best approach is to this.  From
the random end-user's perspective, it'd be nice to have a no-fuss way
to send a comment without signing up for any mailing lists.  However,
I don't think we want to open the mailing list to the floodgates of
spam by mailto: linking it and allowing non-subscriber posts.  That
would significantly reduce the list's usefulness.  Perhaps a contact
web form that sends mail to the list (similar to the way screenshot
upload does)?

> Yes, I thought about the bzip archive...I made one just now, but
> jonadab, I need you to chmod 775 the folder you created for 0.10

Oh, sorry about that oversight.  I thought I'd done that, but
obviously I hadn't.  It's fixed now.

> in the downloads folder. The bzip2 for now is here:
>
>      http://www.openclipart.org/downloads/openclipart-0.10.tar.bz2
>
> Jonadab, if you want to move that into that folder and update the
> download page,

For now I did ln ../openclipart-0.10.tar.bz2 openclipart-0.10.tar.bz2
And the directory is group-writable now.

> or if you just 775 that folder 0.10, I can make those changes for
> the world to see...
>
> Good?

Do we want to roll .tar.bz2 creation into the release procedure?