[Clipart] incoming logos

Andy Burns openclipart at adslpipe.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 11:15:59 PST 2005

Bryce Harrington wrote:

> For the Firefox logo, be careful; I had heard from someone that
> they were particular about unauthorized re-creations of it.

I think they release it in bitmap format, even at quite high resolution,
and originally did release an svg/ai format vector format, but then
decided to withdraw the vector format.

In fact there is/was a tidied up .svg format floating around the net
(possibly on svg.org but I can't be sure) I examined it in inkscape
purelt for study purposes ...

Not sure what licence they originally released the vector version under,
but no point in antagonising them if they want to have control over it.