[Clipart] Adobe Illustrator CS SVG files + incompatibility

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Feb 27 20:01:19 PST 2005

My girlfriend just made all these images for the clipart library by tracing
them in Inkscape (rock!) and then editing and composing them with Adobe
Illustrator CS. However, they cannot be opened in Inkscape.

I'm writing this to let everyone know that there are about 10 images
available at this link, http://openclipart.org/submissions.php, done by
Linda Kim that would be good for testing interoperability of Adobe SVG and
Inkscape.

I created a bug on this and a new category for import bugs. If this one
fits your fancy, it should be easy to write a script to strip out what
Inkscape doesn't support, as can be done by hand in a text editor. However,
to get Inkscape to allow for various unsupported features, or compliant svg
that we don't suppor yet, might be more difficult.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1153207&group_id=93438&atid=604306

Also, if anyone needs more examples, I can get those created in Adobe
Illustrator CS.

jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)