[Clipart] Namespace conflicts on the filenames.

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sun Jan 2 04:11:18 PST 2005

Compare:
http://openclipart.org/clipart/education/books/open_book_01.svg
http://openclipart.org/incoming/open_book_01.svg

These are clearly NOT the same image.

When I wrote the upload script, I attempted to forestall this by doing
a filetest to see if the name has been used and, if so, incrementing
the number on the end of the name.  However, this only works as long
as the files are still in incoming -- with the previous files being
moved out of incoming (or incoming being moved and a new one created)
each release, this precaution is no longer effective.

How can we track what filenames have been used, across releases?
A special directory of zero-size files perhaps?  Some other way?